Monday 2 September 2013

August 10th

Since I came back from North Wales, I have been continuing with the day to day of working in the NHS and keeping up with everything that we would all consider normal. Except that now, each physical task has a slant.
 
I have about 100 metres of mixed species wild hedge and leylandii that has to be cut back every year. On an average year it is a chore but from now on it becomes another exercise for the shoulders and arms to be relished; a small contribution to a greater goal.
 
This is nothing of course, but until I can get together with a partner or be forced to go it alone, anything I can do at least allows me to move in the right direction.
 
In the last two weeks I have changed my work routine so that I do four or five hours in the office in the mornings, come home to do some exercise and rest in the afternoon and then go back to work until midnight. It makes for a long day, but this way I get to see the children too and I recognise that as something that a lot of dads do not get to do.
 
It took nearly a week for my thighs to recover from the pounding they took in Wales, but since then I have been swimming again, out on my bike and running. In the short term I have listed these simply by date and distance purely as a record to gauge my improving fitness.
 
A friend, Ollie, from Wymondham has a rowing machine that he has intimated he may let me have. Since this is now everything about stretching pounds, I am hoping that his sponsorship will be in the form of this machine, even if only on loan, but I shall have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment